Who knew that soap could cost over four dollars a bottle! And god forbid the store ever actually have the fragrance I want in stock when I’m doing my grocery pickup order. This lead me down the path towards DIY Foaming Hand Soap. Unfortunately all of the recipes I tried left a lot to be desired; they didn’t smell good, they didn’t foam up or they left my hands dry and itchy.
So I decided to start experimenting to create my own recipe, my family was brutally honest with my results, as they so kindly always are. I started with a love of Castile Soap, which I also use to make my DIY Laundry Detergent, I know from experience it doesn’t flare the family’s eczema. Here is the recipe that was developed.
- 1/4 cup Fragrance Free Castile Soap
- 1 tablespoon Fragrance Free Dish Soap
- 8oz Water
- Foaming Hand Soap Bottle-these are super cute lids that attach to mason jars with Labels-Love!
- 5-7 Drops of Essential Oil of Choice–I enjoy lavender or lemongrass or lemon
- Add castile and dish soap to your container of choice.
- Circle gently to mix well.
- Add warm water slowly, gently mix.
- Add Essential Oil, mix. Start with 5 drops, mix and then smell, continue to add until desired strength.