I chose to develop a recipe that was based around Dr.Bronners Pure Castile Soap. My family has used this soap diluted in baths, in DIY Foaming hand soap, and as body wash for years. It doesn’t irritate the kids eczema and our favorite lavender scent is a soft gentle smell.
- 1/4 cup washing soda
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 1/3 cup liquid castile soap
- 1 gallon water
- 15 drops essential oil of choice
- Gallon Size Container
- Mix washing soda and baking soda with hot water until disloved.
- Add remaing water, castile soap, and essential oil.
- Mix until all combined.
- Add 1/3 cup of detergent to large normally soiled load of laundry, wash as normal. For heavily soiled loads add 2 tablespoons of Borax to boost the detergent.
This laundry detergent cleans very well and leaves the close smelling fresh, feeling soft, without any overpowering scents. It just smells clean!