Hosting Holiday parties is one of my favorite things to do, because I love having a house full of people. The sound of friends and family laughing brings joy to my heart. I use my Grammy as inspiration when preparing my home for guests. Check out my post with my best hosting tips, Rules to Live by When Hosting Guests. I will also suggest that you get the kids involved in creating a holiday themed floral arrangement. My sister has a post How to make an eye catching floral bouquet, that is the perfect way to add a little something extra to make guests feel welcome in your home.
Dessert is absolutely my favorite thing to prepare, even though I rarely eat it. Here is a link to my sisters Keto Friendly Cheesecake Dessert. The simple swap out of the pound cake with the Cheesecake, will make this dessert Keto Friendly. What I love about this option is that it makes the recipe much lower in sugar, which is a great thing for the whole family.
I make this trifle out of store bought ingredients when I’m in a rush. Sometimes I go all out and make everything from scratch, but these days I’m enjoying allowing someone else do the work for me. My Kids!
- Vanilla Pound Cake or Keto Cheesecake
- Blue Raspberry Jello (sugar free)
- Vanilla Pudding (sugar free)
- Strawberry Preserves
- Whipped Topping or Whipped Heavy Whipping Cream
- I prepare the Blue Raspberry Jello and Vanilla Pudding according to package instructions the night prior to assembly. I want all the ingredients to be cool for the kids to handle.
- Slice strawberries vertically so they make little hearts.
- I made the first glass myself to demonstrate the layering technique.
- Select clear glasses for assembly, then it’s time to let the kids get messy.