We love a good gathering, and Kat and I both tend to host because of our love for cooking and making everyone feel welcome. The stress however to please everyone and make sure you are also enjoying the gathering yourself is nerve-racking. It can also deter some, even us, to not host the next gathering.
Well, we know all too well what that feels like, so we have collaborated and brought together some of our recipes that will be easy and sure to please all at your party. Whether you are hosting, or you are attending another one, these dishes are stress free, and are also healthy.
Now, we always have additional food items at these gatherings to please others which are mainly the children. We usually will have hot dogs and hamburgers, and we will have others bring dishes as well. The point of a gathering is to enjoy it! So do not spend the day cooking. Make a few key dishes, have easy back-up plans, and easily have your guests bring something they like (the majority of people attending your gathering will ask what they can bring).
While we are at it, here is our most recent article on hosting based on the traditions that our Grammy taught us: Preparing Your Home and Yourself for Guests.
9 Easy & Healthy Recipes to WOW Your Guests:
- Simple Southern Deviled Eggs: These deviled eggs are easy to make the night before and just keep in your refrigerator. They are a great compliment to your charcuterie board, other appetizers that guests bring, or just to have on their own. No muss no fuss!
- My Favorite Quick Pickle Recipe: This one is by no means a must have, but it is also easy and can be a fan favorite. Our suggestion to make these would be if you are serving hamburgers and hot dogs or making homemade Bloody Marys. The guests are sure to notice and be super impressed if you make your own pickles to accompany any dish.
- Amazing and Simple Kale and Mixed Green Salad: For years, my mother-in-law would always bring a salad to our gatherings. I always wondered why, and with such delicious food, who wants a salad right? Wrong! The salad is usually everyone’s favorite thing. That’s because we take the time to make our own custom salad and homemade dressing. The details truly matter on this one.
- Low Carb Roasted Radishes: Radishes are a great substitute for potatoes for those who are abstaining from carbs. Also, radishes are just an underused root vegetable that are a great variation to your traditional vegetable dishes.
- Quick & Easy Low Carb~Keto Cauliflower Mac & Cheese: Yum! You have to give this one a shot. Even if you only make it for the kids, it is a great way to get them to consume vegetables and not know it.
- Diet Friendly Spiced & Roasted Cauliflower: Regardless of whether you are on a diet or not, this is just a great side dish for those who love spicy food. I have said it before and I will say it again, cauliflower is a great vessel for any flavors!
- Instant Pot Pulled Pork: Such a good recipe, and has so many potentials. You can eat it alone, you can eat it as bbq pulled pork sandwiches, you can make pulled pork tacos (recipe below), and you can make red beans and rice with pork. The options are endless here, and if you make enough, you can do all of the above!
- Pulled Pork Tacos: Great option here if you are having a fiesta themed party or just because they are delicious tacos! Again, your options are endless.
- Keto Friendly Cheesecake Dessert~You Will Be Surprised! : I did not want to lean heavily on desserts because this is an easy thing for guests to bring to the party. My recommendation is that dessert and apps are the thing that you delegate out to your guests.
Alright, so that is the list of crowd friendly dishes we have compiled for you to relax and enjoy your Memorial Day party! Remember to prep plenty the night before so you can also enjoy with your friends and family.