If you are making boiled eggs and want that perfect medium-done center, you have come to the right place. If you also want the shell of your boiled egg to come off leaving a flawless boiled egg on the outside, then you have also come to the right place.
You see, it is actually very easy to do both of these things if you have the right tools in your pocket. I am here to give you the simplicity of a perfectly boiled egg, inside and out!
First, pick your eggs. I personally prefer using a cage free, organic egg, but you can use any egg that your heart desires…there are no rules here. Next, decide how many eggs you want to cook based on your recipe outcome. For me this time, I wanted to make keto deviled eggs for our charcuterie board, and I also wanted to have some leftover hard boiled eggs that my husband could eat the next morning. Therefore, I chose to make eight eggs.
- 8 large eggs of your choice
- 3 tbs. Baking soda
- 3 cups of water
- A lot of ice
- Grab a large pot, add it about 1/3rd the way full with water, and put it on your stove to set on boil
- Before the water begins to boil, add in your 3 tablespoons of baking soda
- Add in the eggs before it begins to boil
- Boil on high for approximately 12 minutes
- While the eggs are boiling, fill a medium mixing bowl with ¼ full of water, and the remainder full with ice
- Once you have hit 12 minutes, get a ladle and scoop the eggs out and place them in your ice bath
- Let them cool until the ice is melted and drain the bowl
- Put this bowl in the fridge for about 2 hours to chill the eggs completely (you can eat a warm egg if that is your intention, but the shell will give you some difficulty coming off)
- Once the eggs are fully chilled, take them out of the fridge and roll the eggs on the counter to crack them all over
- Gently, begin peeling the shells off of your eggs. They should come off beautifully
Enjoy! Or head over to our Keto Deviled Egg Recipe to continue the fun!
Leave a Reply